but initially, he wanted to be a pirate
Sometimes I think about all of these little moments that have happened in each of the episodes
- John running through the halls in ASIP, shouting for Sherlock and not thinking for a moment before shooting the cabbie
- John’s reaction towards Sebastian Wilkes after seeing the way he talks to Sherlock
- John grabbing Moriarty so Sherlock can get away at the pool
- John’s worry over Sherlock being emotionally hurt by Irene, both during the ‘danger night’ and after she ‘dies’ and trying to shield him from that hurt
- John contemplating going back to Sherlock in Hounds, even after the things Sherlock said to him, because he knows that Sherlock is hurting over not being able to trust his mind
- John punching the Chief Superintendant for daring to say anything against Sherlock
- John going back to 221B just before he’s kidnapped because even though he’s still angry, he wants to see Sherlock and going round there the day after the bonfire incident so they can both finally check in with one another and make sure they’re both okay
- John trying to reassure Sherlock that things won’t change once he’s married and taking him out on a case to prove that they’re still them
- John’s tone when asking ‘who shot him?’ in HLV but not leaving Sherlock’s side, despite the fact that he obviously instinctively wanted to find whoever it was
I think about all of these things, all of these moments where John can’t stand to see Sherlock hurt in any way and I laugh over the idea that people believe John would ever forgive anyone who hurt Sherlock, no matter who they are.
cries for the rest of my life
Sometimes I think he understood the character better than the writers did.
Imagine your OTP stuck in an elevator after they’ve had a fight.
I feel like this gifset is missing someone important:
It looks like he could just kill her in that fourth frame. Mary’s corrected him in front of someone else (again), corrected his perception of reality, the validity of his experience of missing his best friend. And look at the smug little face scrunch Mary does after she speaks in the third frame. Result: John looks like he could absolutely spit nails in the fourth. Solid marriage right there.